Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First time 10 km

Had an awesome run today around the flight line with Heather. We went 10 km which is the farthest I've ever run. I felt like I could conquer the world after that. I had a great time. Still working on my footwork in my 5 finger Vibrams but have definitely seen a difference. Much better posture, no knee pain or back pain. My left arch is definitely feeling it though but I think in a good way. Hopefully building up the muscles in my arch. I actually didn't feel like I was dying by the end. My breathing was very steady, I felt like my speed was pretty consistent and I definitely could've had a conversation by the end. We made it in 64 minutes. I think we were both pretty pleased with that. For the longest time I haven't actually enjoyed the running aspect of running. I've really liked how I've felt afterward. I think today was the first time where I was really enjoying the running part and afterward was awesome.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Sounds like you are catching the bug! Love it... Good Job-

    ReplyDelete